Download for free Indonesia basemap from the World Resources Institute (WRI) and the Ministry of Forestry of Indonesia (MoF)
Layers available include :
- Administrative boundaries, provinces & districts (polygon)
- Major cities & all cities and town (points)
- Indonesia political borders & other countries political borders (polyline)
- Roads (Major roads, Primary route, secondary route, forest road) (polyline)
- Lakes (polygon) and rivers (polyline)
- Ocean and Bathymetry (polygon)
Indonesia basemap available in ArcGIS 10 map package file (*.mpk). The map package will self extract using the ArcGIS File Handler utility (ArcGISFilehandler.exe utility in your Program Files\Common Files\ArcGIS\bin folder, it also automatically installed with ArcGIS Explorer 900), it will by default place the files in your My Documents (XP) / Documents (Vista & Win7) > ArcGIS > Packages.
You will need to extract it before viewing in ArcMap. There are three ways to do this:
- Drag and drop the MPK file into ArcMap.
- Right-click the MPK file and choose Extract.
- Use the Extract Package tool in the new geoprocessing Package toolset contained in the Data Management Toolbox.